Thursday, October 10, 2013

Makeup Look of the Day: Updated Look


Heyy Makeup Lovers!!!!!!!
This makeup look of the day is a little different from most of my other looks because it’s an updated version of one of the looks I’ve already done. Last summer I wore a lot of blue eye liner with a bronze shimmer on top of my lids. It was so pretty and so simple to do. The new version is still really pretty but there is little bit more work into it and I think it’s perfect for fall!
It's funny because I was going to do a whole different look that I saw on Pinterest but I really wanted to use my new eyeliners, so I thought I would just have fun with them instead. Don't worry I am going to do the Pinterest look tomorrow night because I going out anyways. I usually don't like to do a new look right before I go out but I have enough time to wash it off and do it all over again if it doesn't work out for me.
Even though there’s a little more work it’s still kind of an easy look to do. The only hard part would be the eyeliners. If you are not good with the eyeliner just use a color eye shadow with an angled brush that you can get for $1 or $3 at eyeslipsface.com. Another trick is to just use an eye pencil and then fix it with an angel brush to smooth out the line. I used that trick all the time on myself. I always have trouble applying eyeliner on my right eye because I am a lefty and have the hardest time. I feel like it’s a lot easier putting makeup on other people then myself.
Anyways let’s get on with this smokey brown eye with a pop of blues!
For the eyes:
For a blank canvas I applied concealer and powder all over the eyes.
I also applied a light nude eye shadow all over the lid and up to the brow bone. Make sure you use a matte color!
I then took a matte medium brown eye shadow and applied into the crease and blending out with a blending brush.
If you think it’s too dark for you, no worries just keep on blending it out until you feel like it's right for you.
For the lids I applied a metallic brown eye shadow and then added another metallic brown with shimmer and glitter on top by using a flat eye shadow brush.
For under the lash lines I would just apply the medium brown color with a smudge brush. I did add the other two browns but it end up not making any sense because only the medium brown ended up showing after I applied the eyeliner.
Lesson learned!
I ended up having to lighten this look up by applying a light gold eye shadow onto the tear ducts and in the inner corners of the eyes.
I should have done the same for the brow bone but I didn't, I just ended up using the nude eye shadow.
Now the fun part!
Yes I used my new Urban Decay eyeliners but you can get almost the same colors for half the price at the drug stores.
I used Ultraviolet for my top lash line which is a bright blue-violet color with shimmer in it.
I then used Deep End for my bottom lash line which is a pretty metallic blue-green color with shimmer.
I love me some Shimmer!!!
That's pretty much it, all I did after that was the mascara and the black eyeliner for my waterlines.
As you can tell by the pictures I did not put on any face makeup because I was just giving my skin a break from makeup. It’s not good to wear face makeup every day; you have to let your skin breathe once in a while.
Sense my lips were really dried that day I just put on a nude chap stick.
If I did apply any makeup to the face I would of just kept things simple by just applying on bronzer to the cheek and a shimmer highlighter to the cheekbones.
I hope you like my updated look.
Here are the pictures:

Here is the old version of this look!


Which version do you girls like better?
Don't forget to request any Halloween looks for me to do.
For those looks I will be making videos for you girls because I think it will be much better for you to see what I am doing instead me typing it all down lol.
I want to get back into making videos anyways. It's just hard to find time doing them but if you make a request right before this weekend I will definitely have time to do at least one because I have this weekend off! Hint hint
Have a good day or night!
Much love from your crazy makeup lover!!

No comments:

Post a Comment