Monday, June 18, 2012

Bon Bons: Woa flashback!

Photobucket

Hello makeup lovers, I'm sorry that this post is not about a new product or a new makeup look. It’s actually about something I use to love.

When I was out shopping with my BFF the other night in another town we stop by a Wal-Mart near by before heading back home. I always need something from Wal-Mart. Of course I find myself with the makeup again. And I saw a certain brand that I have not seen in years. I really thought they went out of business because the Wal-Mart in my town does not carry them anymore well if they do, they must hide really well. It’s funny when I saw the little tiny Bons Bons nail polish and lips glosses I was so happy and relive at the same time. They were one of my favorites when I was in middle school. The big thing with me and my friends was the Bons Bons nail polish and the Lips Smacker lips glosses. Its funny how certain things bring back memories and make you think of the people you love and care about. Bons Bons reminds me of teen magazine, roller blading, boy bands, playing outside till dark, when MTV had nothing but TRL and Music videos, and the only thing I had to worry about was if my hair frizz out on my again. Yep that little tiny makeup brand filled my head with all the things I have forgotten about. I almost brought one just to show my mom and say "look, remember you use to buy me these things all the time". But I didn't I don't why they are only a dollar. Maybe deep down inside I knew I would have loss it, like I did with all the others. Or maybe just because I move on to bigger and better products. Maybe not. Who knows? But they will always make me smile every time I see one.

What is that one thing that gives you a flashback of when you were a child or teen? Comment below or email me at xsassyletsmakeupx@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment