Sunday, March 16, 2014

Makeup Look of the Day: Day at the Beach!


Heyy Makeup Lovers!!!!
On Friday I got this cool fun artsy Ipsy bag in the mail filled with beauty goodies that made me think of summer. The makeup products not the bag. The bag made me think of colorful cells because well that's what the pattern looks like on the bag.



BE A BOMBSHELL COSMETICS eye shadow in bora bora
This little cute eye shadow set reminds me a beach on a hot summer day and that's why my makeup look of the day is called day at the beach. Even though I came up with this fun look, there are so many different looks you can do with these eye shadows. This is so perfect for summer time!
If you are really missing the beach like I am then please read on to learn the Day at the Beach makeup look. It may not be the same but at least you can have a fun beach shimmery look.
For the Eyes:
After I applied eye primer all over the eyes I then added a matte white shadow with a hint of pink in it all over the eyelids and brow bones so the colors can blend more easily.
I wanted my crease to look like a sunset over the blue ocean kind of thing so to get that I first applied the eye shadow Nooner (medium pinky-brown matte) from the naked3 palette into and above the crease. I added the bottom two colors from the bora bora set on top of the Nooner eye shadow to help create that sunset I wanted.
For the lid I added the pretty green blue eye shadow all over but make sure to leave some of the inner corner alone so you can add a light pretty golden sand color onto the inner corners and tear ducts of the eyes. I used the shadow from the bottom right of my bora bora set. I love saying and writing this name for some reason. Haha!
Some of the blue might get into the crease little so just blend it in by using a blending brush and reapply some of the sunset mixture back into it.
For the brow bones I used my favorite highlighter which is the Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle but if you feel like there is too much shimmy going on then try to use a matte eye shadow that is almost the same skin tone as yours, if you don’t have that then just use a matte white shadow.
For underneath the lower lash lines I added the pretty sunset color from the bottom left of my bora bora set.
To keep the blue green color going I use my Urban Decay 24/7 GLIDE-ON EYE PENCIL in Deep End (bright metallic peacock shimmer) onto my top lash lines.
I was going to use brown eyeliner for my water lines but I went with my really black eyeliner instead because I like the way it looks on me. People say black liner looks too harsh on me but I don’t think so.
Of course I used BareMinerals Lash Domination for my eyelashes.
For the face:
I used a BB Cream this time instead of my CC Cream because my face has been breaking out a little. My face does that when the season changes so it’s all good, it just means spring is on its way. Yay!!
I did not use a face powder this time because my face has been dry too and I didn’t want to look like cake.
I applied bronzer onto my temples, under my cheek bones, on my jawline, and onto my cheeks because I wanted that nice beach glow.
I added my Mac highlighter onto my cheekbones, forehead and a little on my nose.
For the lips:
I applied the BareMinerals lipstick that I also got in my Ispy bag called Get Ready(warm rosy pink) and I top it off a Pop Lip gloss called Peony Petal(Pink rose)

That's my Day at the Beach Look, I hope you love it.
I hope you have a good day or night!
Much love from your crazy makeup lover!

No comments:

Post a Comment