Friday, May 4, 2012

Color of the Year: Tangerine!

For the past year my favorite color in makeup has been orange in different tones: light orange, bight orange, or just a shimmer with a tint of orange. I don’t know why but I been so crazy about it. It’s like the new hot pink for me. So when I saw that Sephore.com had the color of the year collection out in tangerine I jump out of my chair and ran to get my wallet. But when I saw that the price was from $16.00 to $68.00 all I could see was an empty bank account. The collection is beautiful but it’s not worth it when you are on a budget. You don’t need to send over $15.00 on makeup to stay with the trend. If you look hard enough you can find the color in drug stores or you could get the ELF Studio Black Beauty Book in warm for $5.00. It has a few orange eye shadows and lip colors. It’s perfect if you’re always on the go and you can make so many great looks with it. But I just use up all the orange lip colors in the palette. So I went on a mission to target to find a lip color in tangerine or just a nice matte orange for under $10.00. Not only did I found a nice tangerine lipstick I also found a lip gloss that I just fell in love with.
Photobucket

Left side is Revlon colorburst lip butter in Tutti Frutti. It’s such a nice tangerine color. I like wearing this because its adds just a pop of color. Also its not like any other lip stick where they have that lip stick smell to it, do you guys know what I'm talking about? And it has some moisture to it while some lips sticks live your lips all dry and yucky!

On the right is my new favorite lip gross. It’s Revlon Coloburst 046 Sizzle Canicule. If you really like orange then this lip gross was made for you. This lip gloss is such a burst of color that it’s really great on its own. You don't really need any lip stick or lip liner under it.

It’s funny how these two colors remind me of starburst.

So, do you make up lovers like or dislike this season trend? Why?

Photobucket

Revlon colorburst lip butter in Tutti Frutti

Photobucket

Revlon Coloburst 046 Sizzle Canicule

Photobucket

Here’s how they look together

No comments:

Post a Comment