Monday, July 28, 2014

My Crazy Hair Story


Heyyy Makeup Lovers!!!

This is what my hair look likes when it is clean and has no products in it to tame it down. My hair is way more difficult to style the day after I wash my hair then when it is a few days dirty. Yes I did say a few days because if I was to wash my hair every day like some people can then I would be rocking out with a hay stack on top of my head. I have dry course, frizzy, thick curly hair that has its own mind. Right now my hair is acting like a chia pet growing outward because I’m in need of a haircut!
I used to hate my hair back when I was a kid because it was always a plain in the a$$ to brush out the snarls and to style it. I didn't mind having too much hair I just mind the work I had to put into it. My snarls were so bad when I was a kid that combs and brushes would break in my hair, no lie.
Another thing I hated about my hair is that kids made fun of it; of course they did because kids love to make fun of others for having something different or for being different. Which it shouldn't be that way but it is.
I think it’s funny how the comments I get about my hair now are so different than the ones I got when I was younger. I hear how people would pay a million bucks for my hair because it is thick, curly, and beautiful! When I was in high school I felt like the ugly friend in the group because people would tell me tips and trick on how to make my hair look better or they would bring their hair straightener to school to straighten out my hair. I knew they were just trying to help but back then it felt like a makeover, also back I didn’t think I was pretty so those kind of things would always get to me. When I was a senior in high school I would straighten my hair all the time because I felt like my hair only looked good when I put a flat iron to it. It takes two hours to straighten my hair that’s why I only straighten my hair for weddings now.
Honestly that is not the worst of it, I think the most horrifying and funny hair story is the time that my brother and I got lice. Let me tell you something if you had long thick hair that was past your bum like I did, you DO NOT want to get lice because bad things happen. I’ll never forget it.
I think I was in second grade at the time and my head would not stop itching, it took me a few trips down to the nursing office for the nurse to see any lice. I don’t know if it was because my hair was so thick or what but they could not see any lice when they kept checking for bugs. When they did find those little creepy bugs hiding in my hair the mission of trying to comb eggs out of my crazy thick long hair began and did not end in a good way. My poor mom spent hours combing my hair before she went rogue with a pair of scissors and then all of a sudden we were both crying on the bathroom floor with all my hair around us. We both did not want to cut my hair but at the time we had no choice. After that I felt like I was a walking square because when my hair is above my shoulders it puffs out into like a square shape, it’s just not a good look to have. That was a lessons learn. Short haircuts are not for me. As I grew older the more I love my hair, yes there are times I want to shave all of it off but at the end of the day my hair is beautiful there are just tricks I have to do on a day to day basis unless if it is time for a haircut then there just nothing I can do with my hair. I feel like my hair just ignores all the hair spray and moose I put in to it, like it’s telling me to go to the hair salon or else you are just going to have a bad hair day. I’m telling you my hair is alive, okay I’m being dramatic but that’s how I feel sometimes. I wouldn’t mind feeling a little lighter but I know I’m going to need my hair for the winter lol. I know I am lucky to have hair like mine and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I no longer wish I had so and so hair or want to get the Keratin Treatment to tone my hair down, I love my crazy hair!
Everyone has their own hair story, what is yours?
Have a good day or night!
Much love from your crazy makeup lover!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment