Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Makeup Look of the Day: Less is More



Heyyyy makeup lovers!!!!
I don't about you but I feel like the best makeup looks on a girl can do for herself is the no makeup or beach glow look. I feel like every woman looks her best with those looks, well I do. :) Saturday my family and I went to my aunt’s beach house to celebrate my grandma 80th birthday. I wasn't going to put any makeup on because I knew I was going to be swimming in the water and sun tanning at the beach. Since I am a crazy makeup lover I just couldn't leave my house without my bronzer and mascara. I decide to use the products that I know wouldn't be dipping off my face, after many summers of raccoon eyes and foundation streaks I have become aware what works for summer beach days and what doesn't.
I find it funny how a little makeup can brighten up your face and make you feel so much better. I wasn't even trying to make a makeup of the day look but after I applied my makeup I was like wow I look good and I need to post this look. I also need to stop bragging about myself and tell you girls how I got this beautiful beachy glowy look.




For the Face:
Before any makeup I applied my Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer with SPF 15 all over my face. You must applied a moisturizer with SPF to protect your skin all year round not just for summer time. The sun never takes a day off from giving us mean UVA and UVB rays, it even get us when the sun is hiding behind the clouds.
I don’t have many rules for applying makeup but applying moisturizer with SPF before makeup is my number one rule.
After I let my face dry I applied Pacifica Multi-Mineral BB Cream all over my face and then I added Benefit Fake Up Concealer under my eyes to hide my dark circles and to brighten my face.
For that sun look I applied Benefit Hoola Bronzer onto my temples, underneath my cheek bones, and on my jawline.
For the pop of color I added Benefit Posie Tint onto my cheeks. This is a lip and cheek stain so it stays on longer than your normal powder or cream blush.
I should have used High Beam by Benefit instead of M.A.C Soft and Gentle but I love how much better the Soft and Gentle looks in the sun. High Beam is a highlighter but it’s kind of a stain like Posie Tint.
For the Eyes:
I just applied my all-time favorite mascara Benefit they’re Real!
I love using this because it doesn’t run down my face when my eye lashes get wet, it just stays.
For the lips:
Before anything I applied a lip bum first because I knew I was going to use a lip stain.
I applied Posie Tint onto my lips, let it dry and then added on NYX Butter Gloss in Éclair onto my lips.
And…
There’s your pretty less is more beach look.
I hope this was helpful to any of you girl that hate going to the beach bare face.
I hope you have a good day or night!!!
Much love from crazy makeup lovers!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment